Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Me Pluss the Neon Pants



"How many neon pants is it ok to have?"

"NONE!" says Birdie as she stares at me sternly.  She ain't even playing this time.
"Zero pairs," with her hands on her hips. "How many do you have?" she asks, her stance indignant.

"3" I say like a scolded child, eyes downcast.

"Why do you have neon in your wardrobe? A whole pair of pants? Oh lawd, help the child..."she mumbles as she goes back to her corner, shaking her head and sighing.  For the next ten minutes or so, Birdie is in the corner mumbling to herself and shaking her head intermittently.  Without warning she turns to me and asks, "Why?", with this incredulous look on her face.

Why indeed.  Because I like neon, it gives me life.  Do you know why girls like pink? Its because its girly.  Do you know why I like pink? Hot pink, fuschia, neon pink, not just pink, its because its caustic.  Its not a natural color, its bold, its fierce, its in your face.  You can't look at it straight on, but when you try to look away but you can't.




I have three pairs because once you get over that hump and buy and wear the pink, then you want the orange and then there is the grandmother of all neon.  The original neon, the lime green.

Neon just works. Romanticize it, or play it casually, it takes simple to a whole other level. 

I went to see a play one Sunday afternoon, and one of the very fashionable older dames saw my pink neon pants and exclaimed "Oh my Gosh! Look at your pants! I love them! Their so festive! Do they glow in the dark?" 

See, why couldn't Birdie get this excited about neon? Because fashion is subjective and my long time love for neon and leopard is Birdie's equally aggravating eyesore.  

Do my pants glow in the dark? I'm not sure lady but I hope they do.  I really hope they do.



Pants/Riding Boots/Headband: Forever 21+
Tops: Oldnavy (Soldout)
Leopard Booties/Fashion Jewelry: Its Fashion Metro
Blazer: Target
Everything was on Clearance!

1 comment:

  1. I too like bright colors.. .not quite Neon though. Oh but I do dig the pink and black!!

    ReplyDelete